Membership rules (Oct 2015)
- In order to access any Cotgrave U3A interest group activity or Open Meeting it is necessary to be a paid up member of Cotgrave’s U3A (Subject to point 5 or 6). After becoming a member all interest groups are open to visit or join.
- Membership card should be carried when attending any U3A event
- Membership year 1 April – 31 March.
- Membership costs will be set by the Executive Committee on an annual basis. New members joining part way through the year will be charged on a pro-rata per quarter basis. Late renewal of membership subscription will be at the full annual cost.
- Membership is for the individual only, i.e. your membership does not include spouse or other family member.
- Potential members are welcome to make up to 2 visits, free of charge, before making a decision about their membership of Cotgrave U3A. The visits can be to the monthly Open Meeting or any interest group.
- Occasional attendance by non-members is permitted. This includes activities such as bus trips, day visits, quiz nights, Christmas party. These events may be charged at an enhanced rate for non-members. However, regular attendance by the same non-member to U3A events will invalidate U3A public liability insurance and therefore is not permitted.
- In line with the national Third Age Trust insurance requirements, up to date membership and/or visitor status will be monitored for all attendees.
- Membership must be renewed annually. Non-payment of subscription 8 weeks after the due date will result in a lapse of membership and attendance at any interest group must cease. To rejoin completion of a new application form will be required.